ROY -- The Royals' victory train rolls on.
Defending state 5-A champion Roy High, now a 4-A school playing in Region 5, swept its sixth consecutive softball victory Thursday with an 8-1 win over the Bobcats.
Sky View, playing its third road game in two days, split a non-league doubleheader Wednesday at Pocatello, Idaho, against Pocatello and Highland.
"I thought Sky View played hard, and they were definitely in the game," said Roy coach Mandy Koford. "The (final) score doesn't show how close the game was."
The Royals scored two first-inning runs with Sky View getting its lone run in the third.
"We got on the girls a little bit," Koford said. "They finally decided that two (runs) isn't enough and two isn't a safety net for us."
Roy scored six unanswered runs spanning the fourth, fifth and sixth innings.
Senior right-hander Jamie Aiken allowed four hits with five strikeouts and one walk.
Caylie Phelts drilled an RBI double and had a sacrifice fly. Brittnee Higgs had an RBI double and scored a run and Samantha Stockwell had an RBI single and a run for the four-time defending league champion Royals (8-2 overall, 3-0 league).
"Six straight wins is good," Koford said. "I want the girls to perform like they can, and hopefully, they will come alive when they need to. At the end of the day, getting a win is all that counts."
The Bobcats are 3-7, 0-3.
* BONNEVILLE 16, LOGAN 0 (FIVE INNINGS): At Logan, sophomore right-hander Andy Hancock tossed a one-hitter with three Ks and no walks.
McKinlee Westmoreland went 4-for-5 with a double, three RBIs and scored two runs. Alex Weaver was 4-for-4 with four runs; Abby Toller went 2-for-3 with an RBI and two runs; Maddi Keesler was 2-for-4 with three RBIs and a run; and Hancock went 2-for-5 with a double and two RBIs for the two-time defending league champion Lakers (4-1, 2-1).
Logan is 1-8, 0-3.
* MOUNTAIN CREST 8, BOX ELDER 2: At Hyrum, the defending league co-champion Mustangs (8-2, 2-1) beat the Bees (7-2, 2-1).
* CYPRUS 6, CLEARFIELD 5: At Clearfield, the Pirates scored six fourth-inning runs.
Ashley Glade went 2-for-4; Bailey Douglas was 2-for-3 with a two-run homer, a walk and two runs; and Lexi Anderson went 2-for-3 with a walk for the Falcons (5-5, 2-1), who have won more games this year than the three previous seasons combined.
* HUNTER 7, SYRACUSE 4: At West Valley City, the Wolverines rallied from a 2-0 third-inning deficit with a seven-run third.
Bailley Carter went 3-for-3 with three doubles, two RBIs and was hit by a pitch. Cassidy Basinger was 2-for-4 with a two-run bomb and two runs and Taylor Tann went 3-for-4 for the Titans (4-5-1).
* VIEWMONT 5, FREMONT 3: At Bountiful Junior High, the Vikings snapped a 3-all tie with a two-run fourth inning to beat the Silver Wolves (5-5).
* COPPER HILLS 6, DAVIS 4: At West Jordan, the Darts (6-3) dropped their third straight.
* PLEASANT GROVE 8, NORTHRIDGE 7: At Pleasant Grove, the Knights (3-6) blew a 7-0 first-inning lead and the Vikings had a four-run seventh.