GARLAND -- It is always sweet to upend your crosscounty rival, but the Bees have bigger fish to catch.
Box Elder, chasing the Region 5 softball title along with Roy High, tangles with Bonneville and the defending state 5-A champion Royals next week on the road.
"I'm excited for next week. It's always fun to play Bonneville and Roy," said Bees junior right-hander Baylee Reeves. "We always have them at the end (of the season). We want to win that league title."
Reeves tossed a four-hitter Friday with five strikeouts, three walks and three hit batters, and Box Elder beat the four-time defending 3-A champion Bears 5-3 in a non-league game.
"It was just coming in confident -- knowing they are good hitters -- and having faith in my defense," the 16-year-old Reeves said. "I knew I had to come in strong against their hitters. My riseball was working well today, going up and in at the last second."
Freshman Sadie Blacker went 2-for-4 with a double -- she also reached base on an error -- and scored a run for the Bees, who won their 12th consecutive game. Venessa Quintero drilled an RBI double -- she also reached base on an error -- with two runs; Molly Horne was 2-for-4 -- she also reached base on an error -- with two runs; Karly Bunderson went 2-for-3 with a two-run triple and a sacrifice; Abbey Martin was 2-for-3; and Myranda Hernandez had an RBI single for Box Elder (19-2 overall).
Shaunie Owen went 2-for-3 -- she was also hit by a pitch -- with an RBI and scored a run. Rebekah Wheatley had a run-scoring single and Jordan Theurer homered for Bear River (20-4), which had its eight-game winning streak snapped.
* OGDEN 13, MORGAN 3 (FIVE INNINGS): At Morgan's Wilkinson Complex, junior right-hander Chezarae Garcia tossed a one-hitter with nine walks.
Four players had two hits for the Tigers (10-9, 5-7).
The Trojans (3-20, 2-10) committed six errors.
In the other game, Grantsville stopped Stansbury 5-3.
The Cowboys are 14-7-1, 8-4; the Stallions are 18-7, 7-5.
* MANTI 15-26, ST. JOSEPH 0-2 (THREE INNINGS): At Manti, the Jayhawks (2-11, 0-8), dropped a doubleheader to the Templars.
* BONNEVILLE 2, LOGAN 1: At Washington Terrace, the Lakers knocked off the league leaders with two games to play.
Joe Wickan scored just after halftime on an assist from Sore Morah. After Logan's Benji Bonilla tied things at the 68th minute, Morah and Gage Woodward hooked up on a sweet through pass that Woodward delivered into the back of the net for the winner.
Bonneville's defense held strong in the final frenetic minutes, with keeper Alex Klema standing tall.
* ROY 4, SKY VIEW 0: At Roy, Brock Charlesworth scored two and Trase Staple and Michael Ropelato added goals.
* BOX ELDER 2, MOUNTAIN CREST 2 (OT): At Hyrum, the Bees earned a tie. No other details were reported.
* BOUNTIFUL 3, CLEARFIELD 2: At Bountiful, the Falcons lost another one-goal battle.
Colten Parker, Garrett Rydalch, and Braden Shields scored for the Braves.